Sunday Mornings: Sunday School at 9:30; Worship Service at 10:45
Sermon Page Upgrade
Have you missed seeing Pastor Annette's sermons here on the website each week?
They are coming back! After a hiatus of several months, the sermons are being added back - a few at a time - to her preaching page. Check back periodically to see if your favorite sermon has appeared, and recommend them to your friends who appreciate thoughtful, insightful study of Scripture for today's Christians.
We collect food for Monroe County United Ministries the second Sunday of every month. For more information click here.
In 2015, we surpassed our 2850 lb. goal by 81 lb. for a total of 2931 lb. Our 2016 goal was 2940 lb. Our last collection of the year was on December 11, and it enabled us to exceed our goal by 105 pounds!
For the first time ever, our contribution total for the year was over 3000 pounds. The December collection totalled 437 lb, and it became one of six months in the past nine years in which we have collected over 400 lbs.
In some months we exceed our monthly goal, and that helps us maintain good momentum even when our total is less. For a detailed month-by-month report, go to the MCUM collections page.
Check here periodically for updates on the total amount of material goods we have given to help meet needs throughout our community.
Wednesday Night Supper
Please join us for these once-a-month get-togethers! Wednesday Night Supper is usually held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 6:00. Our next Wednesday Night Supper is March 22.
EVERYONE is welcome to participate. Just sign up with the number attending and there will be plenty of food for everyone! We ask for a goodwill donation of $5.00 per person or $10.00 per family, and college students always eat for free!
Lunchtime Bible Chat
We hope you will bring your lunch and join the discussion on Thursdays, 11 AM-12 noon, as we gather with Pastor Annette to share our thoughts about the upcoming sermon passages. Join us on Thursdays to discuss the Bible and today's world.
Lunchtime Bible Chat will not meet on January 12 or January 19, while Pastor Annette is out of town.
UBC 50th Anniversary Homecoming
There is no shortage of ways for you to be involved in the life of UBC. Besides our Worship Service, Sunday School, & various ministries, we have several committees gathering year-round, each with varying ways to participate in our church family!
- Building & Grounds -- are responsible for the recent cleaning and staining of our building's exterior. Thank you!
- Church Council -- Church Council meets the third Sunday of most months at 12:30.
- Deacons -- Deacons are available for prayer needs, benevolence requests & congregation news.
- Missions -- Check out the bulletin board in the foyer for information on our long-term mission, the Kenyan School Project.
- Outreach -- Check out the other bulletin boards in the foyer for our focus on ministry and service opportunities.
- Personnel -- We're working on hiring a part-time pianist.
- Social -- What's up next? Watch for announcements of our times of fellowship.
- Worship Committee -- We work with Pastor Annette to take care of details of our worship services.