Sunday Mornings: Sunday School at 9:30; Worship Service at 10:45
If you have not yet seen it, check out the information concerning our Lenten banners, along with pictures, on our Worship Arts page. You may find that the Artist's Statement provides material that will enhance your meditation and times of personal worship during the season of Lent.
More Blessings to Share
Many thanks to all who attended the after-church gathering on Sunday March 6, for further discussion and prayer about the proposal to sponsor a Habitat for Humanity house this summer. Many thanks to Don Weiler of Bailey & Weiler Design/Build and to Kerry Thomson, Executive Director of the Monroe County Habitat for Humanity, for their input throughout the discussion and decision process. Please continue to contact Pastor Annette with questions and thoughts; and above all, please continue to pray about this possible project.
2015 Christmas Benevolence Project
For our 2015 Christmas Benevolence Project, deacons collected money from November 22 through January 3 with the goal of raising $6000 for the Community Kitchen’s BackPack Buddies Program -- enough to fill 1200 backpacks or about one month of the program, $5 per kid per week.
Because of our congregation's generosity, we met and even exceeded this goal (final total = $6,278). Thank you to everyone involved, for helping to meet this great need!
The St. Thomas Community Garden Group is sponsoring a series of learning labs for 2016, and they have invited the community to participate. The third workshop in the series will be "Small-Space Gardening and Plant Selection" (led by Roger Hartwell, April 16).
There is no charge for the workshop. For more information and to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit https://stlconline.wordpress.com/community-garden/ to reserve space for the 2016 growing season in the newly-expanded garden space south of the building. Approximately 30 beds are available.
SAVE THE DATE ~
There is no shortage of ways for you to be involved in the life of UBC. Besides our Worship Service, Sunday School, & various ministries, we have several committees gathering year-round, each with varying ways to participate in our church family!
- Building & Grounds -- are responsible for the recent cleaning and staining of our building's exterior. Thank you!
- Church Council -- Church Council meets the third Sunday of most months at 12:30.
- Deacons -- Deacons are available for prayer needs, benevolence requests & congregation news.
- Missions -- Check out the bulletin board in the foyer for information on our long-term mission, the Kenyan School Project.
- Outreach -- Check out the other bulletin boards in the foyer for our focus on ministry and service opportunities.
- Personnel -- We're working on hiring a part-time pianist.
- Social -- What's up next? Watch for announcements of our times of fellowship.
- Worship Committee -- We work with Pastor Annette to take care of details of our worship services.