MAKES: 6-8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until almost set. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Layer strawberries over filling in concentric circles covering entire surface. Brush with jelly.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 slice) equals 432 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.