6-8 medium yellow squash, washed, sliced,
1 medium onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled into ribbons
1 stick butter
1 cup sour cream or fat free Greek yogurt
1 can cream of chicken (or cream of anything) soup
salt / pepper to taste
1 box Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9x13 baking dish
- Boil sliced squash in water until soft but not stringy. About 10 minutes. Drain.
- While boiling, saute onion in some of the butter until tender but not brown.
- Put rest of butter stick in bottom of bowl and dump hot squash on top to melt it.
- Add carrots, onions, soup, sour cream/yogurt and seasoning. Mix well.
- Stir in 2 cups of Panko.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and top with remaining Panko.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown on top.
- Notes: Doubles easily. Can be mixed one day and baked the next.